Don’t paint me as a victim, I am so much more than that, so are you. Victims we are but… Victim defines us only when we let it. Being a victim holds us a prisoner when we have so much more to offer the world. Remove the bars, the barriers, the prejudices, the pigeon holes that are useless and be who we are through our difficult circumstances. Get above it!!!!
I want more out of the days I have left on this earth and I cannot get there when I paint myself as a victim, neither can you.
With that understanding, I also won’t let others paint me as a victim because it keeps me stuck in the yuck-and-muck. That yuck-and-muck is only fertilizer to help me grow. The yuck-and-muck is not who I am.
I am so much more than a victim. So are you!
Getting above being a victim is believing that we are more than the result of our victim experience.
Who Am I?
Never in a million years did I think I would ever answer this question out loud. Feels arrogant and self-serving. Yet it is necessary for all of us to see who we are, far beyond the yuck-and-muck in our lives.
The goal is to come up with an answer that is truthful, yet humbling, and without any
Okay, I am going to give this a try. I am only allowed to list positive attributes. That is the hard part for me because I know how far from perfect I am.
- I have a brain in my head that I like using in my unique way
- I have a twisted sense of humor that allows me to believe I am the funniest person I know!!!!
- I sincerely care about others
- I have a solid foundation of faith
- I believe in myself no matter what
- I believe others have more capability than what they usually believe
- I am tenderhearted to my detriment which I have grown to see value in
- I love being “all-in” whatever I decide to jump into
- I find great joy in watching others succeed through and after oppression
- I look at the world through rose and blood-red glasses at the same time
- I have a rich stubbornness which keeps me alive and moving forward
- I have a strong work ethic that keeps me on track and using my time wisely
- I have a willingness to eat some humble pie, especially when it will benefit myself or someone else
- I can always see hope, in everything, every situation
Wow, was that hard to
I am so much more than a victim, so are you.
Can we begin to paint ourselves for something other than a victim so that others can see past it as well?
We truly do have more to offer than what came with our victim package.
My mind, my imagination, my belief system goes far beyond that. I don’t want to be held back by such limiting beliefs that I am a victim.
No, I do not believe every word I listed about myself at ALL times. Yet, I do keep coming back to the fact that I am so much more than even I give myself credit for. I have the ability and when I activate the belief in myself I rise above the limitations of victimization, therefore I am so much more than the victim that has risen far above that.
During chronic illness our vision of ourselves can easily get shattered. We lose control of so many things that we feel victimized, which we are in a way. Yet when we can identify who we are besides being victim of such-and-such disease, we can rise above it all.
Who Are YOU? It is YOUR Turn…
Give it a try and see what you come up with. As always, I would love for you to share it with me. Share this “homework assignment” with me and I will actually read it and respond to you.
HEALTH COACH DISCLAIMER: Health/Wellness coaching is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease or condition. It is not intended to substitute for the advice, treatment and/or diagnosis of a qualified licensed professional. Trained and certified Health Coaches may not make any medical diagnoses, claims and/or substitute for your personal physician’s care. As your health/wellness coach I do not provide a second opinion or in any way attempt to alter the treatment plans or therapeutic goals/recommendations of your personal physician. It is my role to partner with you to provide ongoing support and accountability as you create an action plan to meet and maintain your health goals.