Who took all the fun out of eating fruit? Putting the fun back into real natural food can increase health not only in giggles and dribbles but in nutrients. Our bodies during chronic illness need all the fun and nutrition we can get. Fun EQUALS nourishment when it comes in the form of pure whole food that has true nutrients.
Keeping Giggles & Dribbles In Our Diet
Who took all the fun out of food???
I know, fruit has natural sugar, ohhhhh my.
I know, we do need to limit how much of even the natural sugar we consume.
During certain times of illness, even natural fruit sugar is too much and we have to deal with that. But what about the other times??
But what about the value of fruit?
While we eat and giggle and wipe up the dribbles of watermelon, let’s look at the facts. There is value to fruit during chronic illness.
Heart health alone is worth looking at since it is the number one factor of death.
- GreenMedInfo ~ Watermelon and arginine improve cardiovascular disease risk factors
- GreenMedInfo ~ Watermelon improves risk factors for cardiovascular disease in rats through better lipid profiles, lower inflammation, and greater antioxidant capacity
Watermelon Juice Health Facts
Juice up your watermelon for health benefits…
- “Watermelon is a rich natural source of l-citrulline. This non-essential amino acid increases exercise performance.”
- GreenMedInfo A Single Fashioned Watermelon Juice…
- “l-Citrulline is a nonessential amino acid precursor of arginine and indirectly a precursor of nitric oxide (NO), which is a vasodilator and increases mitochondrial respiration.”
- GreenMedInfo Consumption of Watermelon Juice…
- “Watermelon is a rich natural source of lycopene, a carotenoid of great interest because of its antioxidant capacity and potential health benefits.”
- “Watermelon is one of the few food sources of dietary lycopene.”
It is easy-
- Adding organic coconut milk helps stabilize blood sugar spikes and makes the drink creamy.
- Add fresh celery and/or herbs like fresh basil if you have them on hand.
Watermelon Health Facts
Go wild and see for yourself the high nutrient value in raw watermelon (scroll through the chart of 133 nutriets) ~ USDA National Nutrient Database on Watermelon, Raw
Watermelon for Health ~ GreenMedInfo DATABASE on watermelon evidence-based science for health
Enjoy Real Food
I don’t know how real food became the enemy. The facts show that real food, even in the form of fruit, has significant health value.
Food as medicine. Let’s get back to enjoying real food. Might even provide us with a giggle along the journey.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging and social media activities, I may receive monetary compensation for links to products from this post. However, I only recommend products that I personally love and use myself. If it is not good enough for me, it certainly is not good enough for you!!
HEALTH COACH DISCLAIMER: Health/Wellness coaching is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease or condition. It is not intended to substitute for the advice, treatment and/or diagnosis of a qualified licensed professional. Trained and certified Health Coaches may not make any medical diagnoses, claims and/or substitute for your personal physician’s care. As your health/wellness coach I do not provide a second opinion or in any way attempt to alter the treatment plans or therapeutic goals/recommendations of your personal physician. It is my role to partner with you to provide ongoing support and accountability as you create an action plan to meet and maintain your health goals.